View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Detroit players don't like the Blues very much, getting their attention usually helps and with a guy like Tootoo around to stir the pot I think that is going to pick up. Datsyuk and Jackman hate each other and they play each other pretty hard, very few guys bring out in Datsyuk what Jackman does. They were pretty close to having a few games go sideways last year, but I think Detroit knows they are outgunned in that department should it head that direction. Of course the fact they seem to universally dislike Stewart from the Kronwall hit and mugging Brad Stuart after a clean hit fresh from the bench has escalated things. As much as some consider them soft once they start talking about teams generally there is a response coming, I expect this to pick up from hearing the leadership guys on the Wings talk about the Blues. They respect them and don't like them, generally that is where most Red Wings rivalries take off. Not pure hatred, enough teams try the bully route, you have to have some respect talent wise going into it as a hockey team, the Blues got that last year.
Very good post and you make some nice points. When I posted that I forgot that the Wings had added Tootoo. Yeah he has gotten under our skin a lot and will really ignite things.

Detroit can play physical when it comes to checking, so I hope you are right. Hopeully the rivalry stays strong. Should be a good battle for the Central whenever the hell the NHL starts again...

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote