Old
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Gotta give quality to get quality.

Oilers are at the point where the rebuild has to stop soon. We've stockpiled tons of assets and have prospects that many teams would love to have. We need to start turning some of those prospects into established players that can fill the holes on our roster so we can begin to compete with the best. Teams win with depth around their core. Look at LA for example. They traded some of their best talent in Schenn, Simmonds and Johnson for established NHLers in order to fortify their roster and they won the cup.

Im not saying the Oilers need to trade assets to win the cup this season or even the next, but we're about at that time where we need to bring in more established players to build around our young core. Im not saying my offer for Helm was good for either side either, I was just gauging value. The rebuild has to end soon in order for this team to take the necessary steps it needs in order to compete night in and night out.

Just my $0.02 though. Cheers!
I know that, but is Darren Helm quality. I look a Lander and VV and I see the same type of player. I like Helm, but I'm not sure if he's worth what you proposed. MPS has been playing well with OKC, if not as a top 6 forward, he'll be a great 3rd line forward and he is developing a physical game, laid out one the Checkers the other day. There is no rush, because the Oilers are not at that point yet, if they we're a cup contender, yes, but they're not.

Let these kids develop and see what they can due. The Oilers do need a big 2nd line C, but you have players like Hemsky and Gagner that can be traded for that.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote