Old
11-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I was iffy with Ceci (Im assuming that's who youre referring to), but he hasn't played well this year, which is part of the reason Ottawa is so bad, and he was quite terrible in the SSS
Well, I would say Ceci has been fairly "awesome" this year, and is one of the few reasons why Ottawa isn't an absolute shambles. The reason why Ottawa is so bad is essentially a complete lack of supporting cast beyond the Big 3 (Ceci, Monahan, Graovac). At the very least, I think one has to acknowledge that Ceci has been tremendous on the powerplay. Last I looked he had over 20 PP points, and the team has been over 30% all year. (And many times I've seen them score goals really quickly on the PP too, so I'd say that 30% is even more daunting if you looked at a PPG/PPmins stat).

You could question his defense, fair enough, which has not been a strong point of his game in the past, and he is currently not benefitting from much help from his team either.

But I think it still adds up to Ceci having played very well this year, overall.

That said, I don't know that he makes Team Canada... mostly because I just don't see a big need for the offense he brings. Hamilton and Rielly have that, Murphy if he's there, and even if you were going with a guy like Ouellet on a lower pair, he is bringing offense too. I'd say it's the guys who can be relied on for defensive play like Harrington and Pelech who should be in higher demand, which would complicate Ceci's chances of making it. You need guys who can skate on that bigger ice, and guys who can bring solid D more than you need another awesome PP weapon.