View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Grabbers

vCash: 500
Hot Lines and Christmas in Wellington

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL FAN View Post
Impressive feat last night in Kemptville. Stephen Baylis scores a hat trick ALL short handed.

As stated last week it was a long weekend for Kemptville. I did not see Fridays game but I unfortunately went to Sunday nights game. I saw both NCAA scouts leave early in the third shaking their heads along with Smith Falls and Gloucester GM's. Fans were also filing out as early as the beginning of the second period.

Whats next for the 73's? At this rate there won't be any fans in the stands.

A review of the past week notes the line of Baylis with the Edwards Brothers produced over 21 points. L. Edwards had game winning goals in all three of CP's matches this week (as per Pointstreak). Toss in fights for Baylis and B. Edwards and nine scoring points in nine minutes in the third period versus Cumberland I think you might have the hottest line in the league. Although I like the pariing of Pontarelli and Quince for pure offence as well (not to mention they are also on a huge role!!).

On another note - I'm sure the Robinson Division could use these five above along with Maniccia, Crete, McClaren, Blasko, Ammirato, Byron, Bussey/Ferreiro in Wellington after Christmas!

Goalies for Robinson quite easy for me - - Martin and Guerriero.

D could have a distinct CP flavour so Baylis and/or even Dufour likely don't make the group upfront for the Challenge. For sure Anderson, Lussier, and Akeson make it hands down on on the backend. They are tops over there in the Robinson from what I have seen. Ghantous is likely the next with perhaps Smith or Summers (Prospect game?) as well from CP. Wouldn't mind seeing Sexton or Zach Todd get a chance either!

Injuries to Bounincontri and Weidauer factor in as well. We'll see where the coaches from SF and Cornwall land (not sure what role they have in final selections but sure they have a say at least).

Yzerman Division will have tougher decisions in this regard - the talent is spread more evenly across various teams to consider I think - - and some under performers as well.

Upstart Ottawa is very solid throughout. Givens for the Yzerman division include Hedges (my personal fav), Neil, Norris (see the trend -yes I'm a Raider fan) along with Plouffe, Boiven, Robillard, Dalpe, and Petrie. Other possibles include Clitsome, Rosebrook, Walsh and Audi. Hrehoriak, Hodgson, Rodier, and Witzel for sure should get consideration.

The back-end for the Yzerman will include Watson, Harper, Drouin, Llorca, with perhaps Wethner and then Debrincat. Goalies should be big Z (Zawadski) and Millen.

My thoughts....others are welcome as always!

Go RADIERS Go!