View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
It's been a miserable start to the season in Bombsville. I tried to get cute and save money by running both camps at the start of the season. Doing it this way, I wouldn't need Player Training SDs until the end of season 10. I chose to keep some older players out of the camps so I could still field a competitive team. Then things went to hell in a hand basket.

First problem was McCready serving a 3 game suspension for picking up his 12th red card in the last game of last season. That was actually one of the reasons why I said to hell with it and ran some camps. I purposely left 3 solid dmen out of camp so I would have a chance to steal a game 1-0 or something. Then dman Ivan Hricek gets hurt for 9 days at the beginning of the season. I don't know how I won the first game 2-1 using what amounted to two dmen.

The second game wasn't quite as good. Dman Colby Paquet picked up a red card in the first half. That left me with one real dman. Final 0-4.

I was 'lucky' in the third game that Hricek was down to day to day so I could use him. I tried my damnedest to add another competent dman. Didn't happen. Game 3 was played with 1.75 real dmen, a bottom of the barrel prospect (Milo Garland has played in every game this season!), and the newest youth pull Pierre Holland (who has 60 defense). Lost this one 0-2 and Junior Lemieux picked up a red card in the 90th minute!

I already have two red cards this season after having none last. And two sendoffs in 3 games when I only had one in 42 games last season.

Could it get any worse?!?

Thankfully McCready is back from suspension & camp. So he's a go, but he's backed up by young Colt Diaz. I haven't trained Mr.Diaz optimally. I'm mostly building up his secondaries/tertiaries. He's not bad, but he's no Lemieux, yet. And I was able to keep some promising young dmen out of camp. So I have 4 competent players on the back end for the first time this season. But it's still not my best lineup