View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldo View Post
I think that Bettman has done excellent work, fought many fights fow the owners (succesfully) and most, perhaps even all, members of the BOG also realise this. Thus I find it very unlikely that Bettman would be ousted or firedd. Perhaps it is the mediator in me, but I could still see that the BOG could come to conclusion that for the future a different type of commissioner is needed and arrange with Bettman that he will step aside at some point before the next round of labour negotiations - and move to history as one of the most succesfull commissioners in NA sports, unless his negotiation team royally screws up this round (so far they have done well). My guess is that Bettman still takes care of renewal of Canadian TV negotiations in 2014 and steps aside thereafter giving his successor few years to prepare the next labour talks (2018?) and renewal of US media contracts in 2022.
"One of the most successful commissioners in NA sports"- really? Even the most anti NHLPA writers on this board would likely disagree with that phrase. Notwithstanding the truculance of the PA, this commissioner has led 3 lockouts costing the league probably more than $4 billion in revenue. If that's success, I'd hate to see failure.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote