View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Are you an expert?

A worse than average defense = a higher quantity of good scoring chanes given up. A defense like the Oilers had last year that can't clear a rebound or relieve constant pressure from the opposition plays a huge factor in a goalies performance.

Unless you have some sort of proof that Dubnyk lets in more soft goals than other goalies then your post is irrelevant and just an anti-Dubnyk rant.

The has been one stretch during his career where he was given the starters reigns and he excelled.
I don't have a problem if Dubnyk gives up a goal that he isn't at fault for. That isn't my issue with him, and yes, he did play well in the final two months of last season.

I don't think I need statistical proof to point out that Dubnyk has a tendency to give up an awful goal at the worst possible times. Anyone who watched him play last year would know this.

You can view the situation however you want, but two months of solid play is not good enough to have two woeful options to back him up in case we see the horrible Dubnyk that we got to see the first half of last season IMO.

You can fly with a ****** backup if you know for certain that you are going to get quality play from your starter the vast majority of the time, but I haven't seen anything close to that from Dubnyk to be comfortable with Bulin/Danis as his backup.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote