View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
It's really a crappy tournament style to try and determine who is the true hockey dominate country.

I'd prefer to bring the 4 teams mentioned (Canada,Russia,USA,Sweden) to a 5 game mini series type tournament. They can be ranked on how they perform in other events.
1 vs 4 for 5 games
2 vs 3 for 5 games
winner vs winner for 5 games.

Once every 2-4 years in the summer.

That's my dream atleast.
I agree one off tournaments aren't the best because near any hockey country can win one game. But for what we have, the Olympics is the best.

I do like your idea, but it would be tough to find a time to do it. NHL is a September through June gig, and the best players generally need the summer to heal up for the next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
WHC shows the depth of the country, so it does mean something either way. WJC: I tend to agree with because it vary between year to year, but again it shows how good the young depth of a country is.
True, depth is somewhat important. It helps a country deal with injuries to their best players for the Olympics. But the WHC isn't on the level of the Olympics and never will be, so long as it happens when the NHL playoffs are in full swing.