Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Will be hard not to get the invite scoring 11 goals in his last 9 infront of the head coach. Thanks for the hard work kid, but you're not even getting a chance to try out even though right infront of me you're showing me you're one of the CHL's top goal scorers.

Every year we see the coaches kids get extra love, and sometimes we complain, but either way, it's expected to continue. And Puempel's probably earned the tryout.
The coach doesn't come up with the invite list. They have another group that does that, although I have no doubt they will talk to Spott to get his feedback on Puempel. But the point is that if he doesn't get invited, it will be made clear it wasn't his coach's call. They'll say his coach advocated for him etc etc.

And there are a lot of eligible wingers who have 20+ goals (or on pace to) like Ritchie, Jenner, Mantha, MacKinnon and Drouin (15 in 19 games). Of course, most of those guys have a bit more offensive support, but the point being there are going to be some very productive goal scorers not invited to camp.

Don't get me wrong. I've been pumping Puempel's tires since his draft year and was advocated hard we take him with our 2nd 1st rounder that year. I love him, as he was similarly productive to Landeskog in his draft year, but with less support.