View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
That

vCash: 500
I'd like to Galchenyuk get traded because I'd get to see him more often and rack up more points, but at this point I can't see him being traded. I just can't see a team paying the price that would be required to get him, mainly because of the lockout. If the NHL ever starts back up, there's an excellent chance that Galchenyuk will get a 9 game stint. If he looks good then he might stick in the NHL.

Also from Sarnia's standpoint, I can't see them trading Galchenyuk. Like hogtownhabsfan said, Sarnia is more talented than they are given credit for. Sarault is one of the best playmakers in the OHL, who also happens to be a great PKer, Boucher is a solid sniper who has a good two-way game, and Murphy is a very solid defenceman. This will be Sarault and JP Anderson's last season in the OHL, and Boucher and Murphy will most likely be making the jump to pro next year. That's one of the best players in the OHL, their starting goalie, their best winger, and their best defenceman. They have also have DeAngelo and Goldobin who are young players that are producing and Addesi, Hargrave, and Renaud who all look poised to breakout soon.

Honestly, before this season started I thought they would be one of the best teams, but they haven't been. Maybe they are under performing, maybe they just really aren't as talented as I think, but they should be playing better. Personally, I think Sarnia is poorly coached. Sarnia is currently tied for first in their division, and I think they can make a playoff run. It's way to early to write off their season, no matter how you view the team.

About the whole winger thing, I think it's definitely an interesting option. Unless there's something I'm missing, I certainly wouldn't call Galchenyuk a "powerforward" winger like Jacques Beaulieu did, but he looks good on the wing. Lets be honest though, he's going to rack up the points in the OHL at whatever position he plays, that's how talented he is. Watch where Galchenyuk usually positions himself on the ice, it's right in the centre of the ice. That's just his style of game. I think that Sarault and Boucher allow some flexibility, they go where Galchenyuk isn't and get open. At the NHL level, I don't know if that will work. Especially if we do get someone like Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm, etc., who all like to occupy the centre of the ice too.

Last edited by That: 11-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.