View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I like the concept of improving the OL and DL and LB and adding another potential starter at CB or S...but I'd have to think waiting two years to address the WR position would make it incredibly difficult to evaluate Ponder.
At this point, unless they make a huge addition in the offseason market, Ponder isn't going to find a legitimate target anytime soon. Most all rookie receivers just don't make that sort of impact. So I believe they should bring in a FA/trade receiver that is at least capable and then add a mid round pick to the mix.

What you are then doing is making the offensive line and defense in general markedly more improved. Now you've got the line which would be more or less set to make sure the team's best player has all the help he can get in giving him running lanes. The defense is also improved to help get the ball back into the offense's hands in an attempt to keep the score down and manageable for a Ponder-lead offense.

In short, I think building around the best player on the team and improving the defense is going to help Ponder much more than adding any receiver the team could legitimately get. That's my take.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay