Thread: KHL in 5 years?
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Very interesting. I remember Fetisov at the time of inception of the KHL claimed that they would be able to compete head on with the NHL in 5 years... Maybe he knew there would be a lockout in the NHL lol.
But main things that I see are full attendances many nice arenas, a few more guys opting to play here than in the NHL etc... Poor teams with low attendance and bad arenas eventually dropped. All games in HD. These things might be more of a 10 year plan but I totally see it happening.
On a side note, with all of this craze of head injuries (Which is relatively new) I see the bigger ice being more popular as Kovalev says it. safer. More guys opting to have careers in the KHL.
Also, marketing has gone 100 miles since day 1. Great website: no complaints, english broadcasts and match reviews, the online shop is growing, facebook, youtube, twitter.
Having guys like Osdachenko and Dangle are a no brainer because the gull-able Canadian hockey fans like and trust him. He's been promoting the KHL via his website, twitter etc... A huge step in the right direction. Maybe hire Chesnokov to do interviews and reports as well, or create a personality KHL tv show like the TSN Panel or Coaches Room.

Basically the goal is to create enjoyable to watch hockey, it already is 100x better than when it started out.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote