View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
The NCAA claims that 80% of their athletes graduate. This is because they have something like 25 sports under their umbrella. Here is a question--the next NBA or NFL draft--pay attention how many grads are coming out after 4 years--you will have your answer
You are looking at the wrong group. The vast majority of players who play Division I football or basketball do not get drafted. Moreover, I am happy to admit that many do not graduate in 4 years. This is most often by design. Many student athletes will take a reduced schedule due to the time demands of their sport. Add in the red shirt system and what you have is a reasonable five year plan.

I have a nephew who has recently graduate from highschool with a 90+% avergage including MATH 30/31, English 30, Chem 30 and Physics 30. He is a very good football player and basketball player and is currently playing in the Canadian college system. He only took 3 courses in his first term because football takes about 4-5 hours per day on the weekdays and more on the weekends. He is a very srious student but will take 5 years to complete his degree.

I have also been involved in football at the University level. Granted this was in Canada, but I can say from first hand experience that scholastic performance is important.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote