Thread: Confirmed with Link: Hans Tavares to SC Bern
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Tavares reminds me of an old school guy Kevin Stevens. Granted Stevens benefited big time from Lemeiux but just watching him play those years reminds me of how I see Tavares play (had to look up Stevens on Wiki to make sure I was getting the right guy and noticed the 2000 year with him being caught with crack cocaine and a prostitute so just noting there aren't, and hopefully will never be any off ice similarities lol). Tavares just knows what to do with the puck and even sometimes when a play seems broken he gets the puck to a spot where something can still happen.

The other thing is I think Tavares is suited to play well into his later years and will not suffer from aging as much as others. His hands are so quick and because he thinks the game with such speed the inevitable slow down of his body I think will still allow him to be productive since he is so quick to make decisions with the puck as it is. He could easily play into his low 40's and be great like Shanahan or Rechhi and some other guys that fought off age. I can't wait to see a little more talent around him and he will finally get the recognition he deserves around the league when he has that one year that people can't stop talking about. It's gonna happen!
Kevin Stevens was a tough Parenteau. Tavares plays more like Lemieux than Stevens. I'd say you should look at Dale Hawerchuk as a comparison. Tough when needed to be, not the fastest but always where he should be and he can score easily and in timely fashion, a solid leader and a damned fine hockey player (which is different from scoring points).

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote