View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
ChuckWoods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
It is just so unrealistic it shouldn't be approved. Kovalchuk is not getting traded in real life and shouldn't be allowed in the game for the sake of the league. It seems as though every trade in these leagues has to involve a big name and well, that is just not accurate at all in the real NHL. I'm guilty of this in Bluth a little but trust me I inherited a team that was already demolished. I hate seeing trade talk on day two of the league with guys names like Kovalchuk, Perry, Getzlaf, Richards all being tossed around it's just not right it doesn't take long for teams to lose identity even with 2 deals a year because those two deals almost always involve star players.
To be fair and realistic, if you take a look at the state of the Anaheim Ducks, Perry and Getzlaf are both going to be wildly discussed in trade rumors.

If there was a season, there would have been a strong rumor mill right from the get go.

I wouldn't move any pieces that wouldn't be realistically in play for the Ducks.

But the fact of the matter is both Getzlaf and Perry may have been moved in real life if there were no positive talks in terms of contract extension.

I am simply exploring my options and not trading just to trade.

The Ducks have a very depleted core in terms of NHL ready youth and don't exactly have an earth shattering prospect pool either.

This is their chance in real life, and this game, to finally gain some respectability by moving one or both of Getz/Perry and acquiring young, controllable assets for the future.

New Jersey on the other hand is a completely different scenario, as it is highly unlikely Kovalchuk moves due to that contract, commitment from the team and the fact they want to base their franchise around him, which is clearly indicated by that contract.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote