View Single Post
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified
vCash: 500
How many of those highly-touted forwards from that time period did not play on the left side usually? They were all centers and right wings?

EDIT: seems that way. In which case, their style of play would dictate that the center and right wing would do a ton of heavy lifting offensively. While the defensemen and the left wing would stand-out less because of the shared workload to compensate for their superior opponent - and, let's call him "different", goaltender. Three defensemen effectively on the ice at once doesn't allow a player like Posposil to stand out as much because he's not responsible for half the ice, just a third. Goaltender doesn't get recognized because he's playing behind three defensemen all the time. So, that would be my brief theory on why the voting might turn out that way. Players that stood out in their system, the one they saw and/or created. G, LD, RD, LW - all support players. C, RW - the stars.

EDIT 2: Ok, maybe Holik was a that throws a monkey wrench in the direction of my theory, not sure if it causes significant damage or not...I guess it's not overly important.

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more:

Latest installments:Ep. 2 - Cody Franson Overplayed His Hand

Ep. 3 - NHL Expansion Process

Last edited by Mike Farkas: 11-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote