View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 05:24 PM
TheStroker

vCash: 986
In '94 I didn't really understand what was going on. In my mind, everyone was on a ''strike''. In '04 I was very upset and really cared. It was all I thought about, and I followed coverage everyday. This year, I refuse to let myself get angry over it. Yes it sucks, but why should I invest emotionally in something that only exemplifies greed and money? At my age now, I realize how lucky we all are to live in this corner of the world. Most of us don't have to worry about going hungry, or living among violence or wars. For the most part, life is good. I've been able to travel to a lot of poorer countries since '04 and my perceptions have changed. How can I care about millionaires vs billionaires, when I have seen children begging in the streets and people working 3 jobs to make ends meet?

I love hockey with everything in my heart. But I refuse to let myself get upset over what has essentially become 2 sides who wants to pick a fight and win. There are other more important things in life to worry about. It's just a GAME. A game that all these people should be grateful to even be a part of. But nope, its not enough to bring home millions of dollars. Human nature dictates that greed will always overcome reasoning. So no, I'm not upset, only annoyed that it has come to this. There are way more important things in life to worry about, then how much $$$ a bunch of spoiled people make.

TheStroker is offline   Reply With Quote