View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDx13 View Post
I've posted this before but this would be my re-alignment. It would be fair and the best geographically.

4 Division:

Pacific Division - Vancouver, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix (or Seattle), and San Jose

Mid-North Division - Colorado, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton

Central - Dallas, Chicago, Nashville, St. Louis, and Columbus.

Northeast - Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo and Ottawa

Southeast - Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Florida, and Tampa Bay

Atlantic - Boston, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, New York I, and New York R

You would face everyone in your division/conference four times (two home/two away) and everyone in the opposing conference twice (one home/one away). Which of course means the season would last 86 games instead of 82, but if they had less pre-season games and started earlier then it would work out.

The Playoff format would basically remain the same. I know it may not be popular because Chicago/Detroit, Pittsburgh/Philadelphia aren't in the same division but if your playing everyone in your conference the same number of times, who cares? Rivalries are intensified in the Playoff's more anyways. It's also good because now every team will see Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and the more profitable teams at least once a year.
Boston to the NE
Philly to the Atlantic
Nashville/Colombus to the SE
Detroit to the Central

Also, I want Montreal to play teams like Boston pr Toronto in our division more than other teams in our conference that we have no history with like Carolina or Florida.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote