View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
is the answer jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
The only way i'd take a qb early is if he's a can't miss, andrew luck/RG3 type. I don't want to pick the next coming of jp losman, build a solid team around him, and watch it fail because the qb sucks. In all honesty if chan wasn't a complete idiot with his offensive playcalling fitz would be fine in this offense. Just use the ground game, try to keep him only throwing 25-30 times a game, rely on the d to play like they have been the past few games.
The RG3/Luck type quarterbacks are few and far between, last year's draft will probably go down as one of the best ever for qb's. With Losman he was a late first round pick and many thought it was a reach where we drafted him. This year we should be looking at a top 10 pick so we may have our chance to get a qb from the top tier of qb's in this draft. With that said, this year's crop of qb's has some decent depth, but lacks some really elite top end talent. I have Smith and Barkley in the top tier of qb's which is why I'd consider one of them with our first pick. Ideally I'd like to see something like T'eo in the 1st round and a guy like Landry Jones in the 2nd. It gives you an impact guy on defense and gets you your qb of the future.