View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
I'll do my top 3 right now. Might continue my list later. This is based on how I feel our prospects will turn out.

01. Nicklas Jensen (Outlook: First line Winger) - Jensen to me has all the hallmarks of a star NHL player. I think the fact that he's Danish let him slide a couple spots to us (similar to how Kopitar slid a bit because he's Slovenian). He has all the tools to be a very, very good NHL player. I expect he'll be the gem of our drafting over the last few years, and one of the guys to eventually fill part of the hole the Sedins retiring will cause.
Peak season projection
: 35G 45A 80PTS

02. Zack Kassian (Outlook: First/second line tweener) - Kassian has the most impressive tool set of any Canucks prospect, however, I think Jensen edges him based on consistency. I feel like Kassian might struggle a bit to play the style of game needed night in and night out to let him put up huge numbers. I think he'll post one or two pretty monster seasons over the course of his career, but will consistently be more of a fringe first liner/elite second liner.
Peak season projection: 40G 30A 70PTS

03. Eddie Lack (Outlook: Average-Good starting NHL goaltender) - Aside from the start of this year, Lack has looked downright dominant at the AHL level, posting very similar numbers to Schneider's time in the AHL. It remains to be seen how Lack's AHL success will translate to the NHL level, but his size and skill set give him every opportunity to start in the NHL. I don't think he'll end up as good as Schneider seems to be, but he'll turn into a serviceable starting NHL goalie.
Peak season projection: 35W .923SV%