View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
I agree. Stars names are being thrown around like candy. I think the problem is everyone likes the sexy name, and everyone wants the absolute best even if a tier down would work fine. If you need a top 6 forward no ones looking at the likes of Radim Vrbata, they all want the Evander Kanes/Jeff Carters/Rick Nashs.

Also this doesn't help in negotiations, I'm prone to it too. But if I need a top 6 forward I'm offering Keith Yandle because I know people aren't looking for Klesla even though hes a useful guy.
This is my biggest problem. I would love to keep Kovy, Henrique, and Larsson. But I don't see any way of filling what I perceive as weaknesses through the likes of Zubrus, Clarkson, Fayne, Volchenkov, etc. And even if I could trade (one of) those players for something decent, I'd likely be filling one hole just to create another. I really did not mean to cause a ruckus (I wasn't even shopping Kovy, I got on HF and had three PMs asking for him) and I'm fine keeping him if you guys don't want the trade to go through.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote