View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Firefoxx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFadedLine View Post
haha. Woah. Didn't expect this much backlash over my Kane trade.

I was approached about Kane. I said no way. It will be too expensive for you.

We kept talking and came to an agreement.

He gets a player he will hold onto for probably the duration of this league. I have an immediate and speedy replacement on the 1st line. A legit top pairing D-man. A good prospect and a good pick.

With a top 6 D that will probably be.

Buff - Johnson
Bogosian - Enstrom
Hainsey - Stuart

This trade makes sense. I did not really want to make any moves, but with the amount of simming we will be doing this gives me a very deep team that can weather injury hits.
I think everyone is okay with the value. Its the franchise label that is throwing everyone off lol. Everyone has a different view on it, but I personally like to be able to look at a team and know exactly who their leader is going to be. I don't want to play a Washington without Ovechkin or a Pittsburgh without Crosby.

One trade doesn't ruin the league or anything, but I've seen a lot of leagues where teams are essentially unrecognizable. I mean these trades DO happen (Rick Nash), but they should be few and far between. That is the balance I think TBC has finally found, it's not impossible, just very very expensive to the point that very few people will want to do it.

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote