View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Understood , however look at his scoring as a late draft player compared to say Scott Kosmachuk . He never scored at close to an elite level so to me this indicates he is not likely to be an average top six scorer in the NHL , at least consistently.

He may become that , but I see serious flaws in his game and would have expected/hoped he would have begun to produce this year in the AHL.

I hope I am wrong , but I see a player with nice to really nice skills that doesn't produce and those players are abundant to be honest. He has not shown me finish , and again I hope I am wrong , but he hasn't really ever done that.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. He has good skills; plus stickhandler and has above average playmaking skills. The biggest issue that I continue to have with him is his offensive awarness and decesion making skills, they really are his achilies heel. My worry is that the longer this goes on without seeing tangable improvement, the less likely he will figure it out. The good news as others have also expressed is that he is very versatile and will be able to play a key role on this team in a third line/defensive capacity if his offense never comes around.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote