View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:18 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Didn't watch the game as I am switching backforth between Tips/Birds and Warrios/Royals, but how did Siemens look? Sadly enough Canes and Wheat Kings are the teams I've watched the least amount; so I am not sure, but doesn't Lethbridge have a young team with a very good, older 1st line? Basically Hurricanes will be a contender a few years from now?
I didn't get to see the game either tonight.

'Canes are a very young team. Actually they are the opposite of a 1 line team. They are very deep upfront. That is the reason they were doing so good earlier, because they had 4 lines that could score. Their overagers are Hood, Johnston and Rimmer. So pretty important pieces but they definitely look like they could be very dangerous in the future.

They have a ton of 17/18 year olds on the roster. Upfront they are led by 19 year-old Ramsay and Maxwell, and have nice young depth with Merkley, Blomqvist, Watson, Leverton, Mckechnie, Duke, etc... However the forward group is really small and speedy as a whole and could benefit from getting a big body to grind.

Their defence in particular looks really good into the future. Right now 16 year-old Ryan Pilon (3rd overall in 2011 Bantam Draft) has 10 points in 19 and looks to be the real deal, he plays a complete game and is a rock. Macoy Erkamps is another guy back there, eligible for this draft and is playing really well too.

Huge questions for goaltending going into the future with Rimmer playing all the games but one so far and the back-up Christopher Tai having played one career game.

All in all, 'Canes should be a middle to bottom playoff seed this year and then take a step into the upper conference in the future.