View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:20 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I imagine both teams say no. Easily. CBJ won't be giving up Brassard, their 1st, and Calvert for Kesler, sorry. That pick will probably be top 3. Considering this draft, not a chance. They are rebuilding. I doubt Kesler, coming off some major injuries, interested them nearly enough to warrant giving up that much.

Why does Washington need Kesler right now? Sure, if we lose the season, Riberio could walk and they need a 2nd line center again, but even if that does happen, why would they want to give up a very good young center and a top young defensman?
I disagree about Columbus. I feel CBJ is no longer rebuilding, but rather re-tooling. They have so many pieces with value, and they aren't afraid to spend money. Their defense brings a lot of offense, but their forwards don't. The problem CBJ has, is the uncertainty of where the offense will come from. Kesler solves that. Brassard hasn't done much for CBJ and I feel he would do better in the Canucks system. I do agree about the 2013 draft being extremely deep. I would change it to 2014 if it changes anything in terms of value.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote