View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
My first round at this I had every single party decline my proposals. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, as both sides seem to disagree on just about everything.

Here's my next set of proposals:

Kesler for Brassard, CBJ 1st, Calvert

Again, assume a healthy Kesler. Also to reiterate to fellow Canuck fans, I don't like a shooting center who take the majority of the shots, and not utilizing their wingers. Personal preference.

Brassard is a good prospect who has played 2nd line on a weak team and I feel has much more to give. Add on a top 15 pick(I think CBJ does really well in the upcoming season) and more depth(Calvert), I feel the value is good for both teams. It may also being a Kesler bias, but I feel Columbus may even need to give more, but I'll leave it that.

Kesler, Connauton, Alberts for Johansson, Carlson

Again re-organizing the offense. Johansson brings a lot of speed and tenacity. He has a lot of potential to become a great second line player. Carlson is a great defensemen and would make a very steady partner for Edler. Washington get's Kesler who will run the offense on the second line. The Caps are very weak on the wings, but with Kesler it wouldn't be a bigger issue as he tends to take his fair share of shots. The caps also get a B prospect in Connauton who is doing extremely well in the AHL.

Thoughts on value?
Washington may end up a very good destination for Kesler if the Canucks decide to completely tear it down. We are a long way off from that. Carlson will likely at any point be a non-starter. They are incredibly thin on D right through the org.

The fit with Washington would be if we had some way to acquire another top 2 prospect center, had already acquired a top pairing prospect D, and then were able to take advantage of the relatively solid set of wingers they have in the stable.

The Columbus trade is brutal. Again, Kesler might be a fit there in another year or two, but right now it does not make sense for either side.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote