View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 10:54 PM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
if we could get Blum that cheaply, that would be awesome
not sure we'd want to just send Raymond or Ballard packing without upgrade plans for those positions..?
i guess either of those Luongo deals would be ok, though not thrilling. Hopefully those pieces could be packaged to get a killer top 6er at the deadline.
If Lindback falters and Stevie Y comes back for Luo, I would hope we take him for more than just Connolly.
That Yak deal is crazy ...Oil would likely say no, as i think we win on value (isnt Yakupov supposed to be significantly above your average 1st OA in value?) Even then I would be scared about pulling the trigger, Schneider would help the Oil so much ....
Luongo would too ... i had proposed Luongo/Raymond for Hemsky/Gagner, 2nd
I have no idea what Blum's value is right now. He was very poor last year. I think he's a very smart defender even if he's overmatched physically at this level. Reminds me of Doug Halward (dating myself).

The idea of trading Raymond and Ballard is that we grab a third pairing right side D-man (Blum for example) and I have to think we can find an asset that can play the right side. We are sorted on left wing with Sedin, Booth, and Higgins. On the right we have Burrows, Hansen and Kassian. Obviously it would be great to shift the latter two down a spot in the depth chart for this year. I think Connolly or a Kadri could do that.....or we can move a first along for a right winger.

I would much rather get a first from Toronto to simply generate a liquid asset that every team values.