View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 11:12 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Understood , however look at his scoring as a late draft player compared to say Scott Kosmachuk . He never scored at close to an elite level so to me this indicates he is not likely to be an average top six scorer in the NHL , at least consistently.

He may become that , but I see serious flaws in his game and would have expected/hoped he would have begun to produce this year in the AHL.

I hope I am wrong , but I see a player with nice to really nice skills that doesn't produce and those players are abundant to be honest. He has not shown me finish , and again I hope I am wrong , but he hasn't really ever done that.
His pre draft scoring rates were pretty similar to those of Ryan Johansen, Mark Scheifele and Radek Faksa. All were top ten pick. All are expected to be top 6 talents and all were 1st year CHLers pre draft.

I agree that his game has flaws, but I don't think they are insurmountable. Early reports out of St. John's stated that he was his hockey sense and passing were looking phenomenal. If I am right about the puck luck (and I think I am) then the numbers will come too.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote