Old
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
More on the injury / surgery:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...r-surgery.html

Quote:
The Blue Jackets were first alerted that his shoulder was sore at development camp after the draft in July, but it was considered a minor annoyance. But Murray said the shoulder had been getting increasingly sore so far this season with Everett (WHL), to the point where he had an MRI scheduled for Nov. 20 ... four days after the injury occured.

"I've seen doctors throughout the year, and they thought maybe I had a torn labrum already," Murray said. "It was strong and I had range of motion, but they told me if I got hit I had a chance of dislocating it. I had good strength. It was just as strong as the other one, so the thought was that I could play through. It just got beat up worse and worse I guess.
He might have been playing with a torn labrum since before the draft. I don't really blame the CBJ medical team because they obviously can't MRI every sore joint complaint. When it became apparent that it was a chronic problem, they scheduled an MRI for him.

His opinion about the hit:
Quote:
Murray made it clear repeatedly that Nelson's hit was clean. He also said he'd heard from several of his would-be Team Canada teammates who will head to Ufa, Russia, next month without him in search of the gold medal.
Silver-lining, if he's been playing this well with it then hopefully it isn't a hindrance. It's also something they think he can fully recover from.

Quote:
"Obviously there was something going on with the shoulder as far back as last season," Howson said. "The tests prior to the draft did not reveal anything, but there was an issue in there that got worse over time. It's too bad that Ryan has to go through this, but he'll get through this, and he should be 100 percent ready for next season."

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote