View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 12:33 AM
MS

vCash: 500
Kassian and Jenson both seem to have the potential to be 50-60 point 2nd line forwards and a fairly high likelihood of reaching that potential.

Schroeder ... I dunno, shows ability but there isn't exactly a huge place in the sport for a tiny center that has trouble generating offense. Suspect he might have a Wellwood-ish career as a 40-point stopgap #2 center. Better skater than Wellwood though.

Gaunce might have Brooks Laich upside as a #2 center who is below-average offensively but above-average defensively for the role. I'm not a huge fan and suspect the most likely outcome is that he's a big space-filling low-impact bottom 6 body.

Rest of the forward group is pretty much crap. Interested to see how Mallet develops over the next couple years. Rodin has ridiculous straight-line skating ability in open ice but no ability whatsoever to use it effectively.

On defense, Corrado and Tanev are both good bets to become middling #3-#5 two-way NHL defenders.

Everything else on the blueline is crap. I don't see Connauton ever making it - he's improved defensively at the AHL level but still can't generate much offense there and will never be competent defensively at the NHL level. Sauve is a 3rd-pairing AHL guy in his 3rd season at that level.

If we get one serviceable player out of the prospects past our top 4 forward guys and top 2 defenders, that would be a decent result. It thins out really badly after the top group. Hopefully one or two of the newer late picks distinguishes themselves over the next 18 months.

Lack looks promising, think he'll be an NHL goalie. How good he'll be is a total crapshoot, as is always the case with goalies. Could be a Rinne, could be a Calgary Tower.