View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 01:44 AM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
So Grabo is basically a tweener. Right?

Chemistry is just having the right guys beside you.

Who's to say a Parise - Grabo - Hemsky line doesnt light up the league and see Grabo get 75pts?

Is Grabo a #1 center in the sense of Sundin where he was what made the line a #1 line? NO.
I didn't say he was a tweener. I said that there are a lot of better options around the league for #2C I'd rather have, making Grabo an average (and overpaid) #2C in my eyes.

Chemistry is about linemates fulfilling roles to complement each other. If the line has no puck retriever, or net traffic, it's offensive production will suffer. If they don't have a sniper, but is made up of crash and bangers, or playmakers, their produciton will suffer. If a player is able to fill multiple roles to an extent, it gives them more flexibility of the type of players they may mesh with. This is the main reason Bozak can play well with no matter who's on his line.

If you're able to find Grabo the ideal linemates, and they get the great icetime, he could potentially produce 75 points. With more versatile players, though, finding those "ideal linemates" becomes easier, and it's more likely that the line will perform well. This is what makes the likes of Getzlaf, who has excellent vision, board presence, and can also crash the net if needed, so valuable.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote