View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 01:51 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
one thing to remember about woodbury - remember the girl who sucked with the bow trying to kill a walker, before andrea jumped the wall and did it for her?

That is what they have defending themselves. Yes, the men have guns, but still, this is a community of mostly sheltered pre-apocalypse people who havnt really had to defend themselves that much. There are a few there who are capable, the governor, merle, a few others probably, but for the most part, this is the neighbourhood watch. Even when they took on the soldiers, they ambushed them, i dont think anyone here believes they could beat them in an actual battle where the soldiers were aware of the threat. Add in the fact that the governor and mainly merle seemed to think taking the prison was impossible, whereas rick's group was able to do it quite easily, i think there is some foreshadowing going on here.

Long story short, rick's group is better. I think the governor realized that when he found out they took the prison that his best man told him was impossible to take. Yes, they may take out a man (likely oscar, because he's the black guy), but rick's group is going to come out on top, either retrieving their maggie and glenn, failing that but retrieving andrea, or hurting the governor significantly (penny/merle).