View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 04:31 AM
clarkebr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
The crushing pressure? Sorry, I don't really think RNH is going to exactly be crumbling under pressure playing against kids after he made guys like Weber, Suter, Keith and Seabrook look silly on numerous occasions last year. I don't exactly see how playing in a tournament with kids benefits him, but it probably won't hurt him. There will be maybe 2 "high-pressure" games in the tournament he will play in, if that. If you watched the Charlotte-OKC series this past weekend he's not going to see that quality of hockey for a month when he goes to play for Team Canada, all of that for maybe one game where he has all this "pressure" on him?

It's more likely Canada just rolls over the competition and he's never truly challenged. That's a month of him missing out on playing guys like Marco Scandella, Ian Cole, Colby Robak, Brendan Smith, Chris Tanev, amongst others. Makes a good storyline for TSN and it's always nice to see Team Canada win but lets not make any grand proclamations over some transcendent "benefits" playing in the tournament will provide.
i am not sure where you have been or think we are going but we are not going to roll over the bulk of teams in the tournament.He will soon learn that playing against 93 Russians at home will be no cake walk. Best thing by far if he comes along.