View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
I totally disagree. I like Bouillon. If you want Hainsey in there, I would take out Rivet instead. I like Dykhuis though. I didnt think he was that bad, he has very good positioning and is very fast. He just didnt use his speed last year which I don't understand

The problem with shipping Rivet in steed would be that Hainsey is a Left Defenceman... If Rivet were to be the one shipped, it would be for a position for Mike Komisarek.

Markov - Souray - Bouillon (Dykhuis, Traverse, Hainsey, Beauchemin)
all are the Left Handed defencemen on this team. These guys are the ones who should be battling for the Left Side...

The 2 'locks' are Markov and Souray, as both have shown that they are the strength of our back end (on the Left Side that is) this year.

Traverse is history in my opinion.... Beauchemin is decent, but to risk losing him to waivers before he is ready is a Big risk (if he turns out to be all right)...

That leaves Dykhuis, who had a bad camp... But has from many accounts turned a strong season in Hamilton so far.
Bouillon who plays the equivalent to a rookie at 28...
And Hainsey who makes rookie mistakes, but is poised enough to be responsible in his own end, and has been blessed with offensive touch (and quite possibly has the best offensive vision of all the Ld's...Though he would definately rank second to Markov at this point IMO).

As for Komisarek on the right.... I think as it stands... Brisebois is a fer shure with his play this year... It would be a throw up between Rivet and Q-ball... Therefore, we are left with Breezy, Komi, and one of Rivet/Q-ball until Archer is ready... Or perhaps if another prospect leap frogs him.