Thread: Proposal: Washington-Boston
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 08:32 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
I think it's funny how everyone is claiming that Backstrom is underrated here. What about Krejci? The guy gets thrown into almost every Bruins proposal. He's a consistent 60 point guy that plays 2 way hockey. He is a proven playoff performer, (see 47 points in 59 games, and the 2011 playoffs as reference). Ask Flyers fans; he's murdered their team in the playoffs the past few seasons; and they keyed on him each time (taking him out of the series one year). Don't be fooled, if Krejci doesn't get hurt, the Bruins don't lose 4 straight in 2010!!
I'll concede that the regular season Backstrom is much better than the regular season Krejci; but the playoff versions are much closer (career stats don't lie).

And then apparently not nearly enough love for how much better Marchand is than Chimera. Chimera is 33 and had a career season at 20 goals last year. Marchand is 23 years old and has broke 20 goals in both of his only 2 NHL seasons; plus he is one of the best agitators in the game (a guy that every other fan base can't stand but is adored by his own fans). Moving Marchand would also be a very bad PR move for Boston.

As a Bruins fan, I don't make this trade; but think the value is much more fair than it's being made out.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote