View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
In 27 games, he's up to 23 points. Was watching a taped copy of the Brandon-PA massacre from the other night and Draisaitl really stands out. I'm not sure he has a point in the game, but every time he's out there, he's creating and shooting and generally looking like a dominant player, even though he's not eligible until 2014. And, he looks TALL out there. Elite Prospects has him at 6', while the WHL website has him at 6'1", but he looks way bigger, like in the 6'3"-6'4" region. I'm quite high on him at the moment, could be a darkhorse pick for 2014.
Watched that game as well, and pretty much every thing you typed I agree with.

Esecially the size factor, he looks substantially taller than McNeil, with a fairly slender body type. Looks like he has tonnes of room to add to that large frame.

He made NHL plays all over the ice, whether they were hard, crisp cross ice passes in the neutral zone, or just plays in general that were low risk but the right play.

I'd like to see more goals (and I think they will come) but he looked really good during this game.

I want to see more, definitely 1st round talent for 2014 - I think if he was eligible this year, he'd be a top 30 on a lot of lists (mind you this is all coming from one viewing on television, during a blowout).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1279775

Well in this thread he was already called a possible Top 15 pick and Ive read some early players-to-watch lists and he was included in all of them. So right now I think he is definitly first-round talent.
Yeah, he's a first rounder right now in my mind.