View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
sanityplease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Yeah I have a guy like that on my team. Good player but **** is he frustrating when he tries to gain the line and go through 3-4 players.

I almost wish there was contact in our league as hed get demolished once and stop doing that.

Im certainly not a great player and I suck at skating but I have a good idea of where to put the puck even if I cant always get it there.

What Ive found is some player have good skating and puck handling skills and not a lot of positional sense.

These are the guys that tend to "run" with the puck and end up being successful 1 out of 4 times.

Not only do they tend to make too many moves at the line they also do it further back and slow the rush down which means the other forwards have to slow down and get off key.
Have a guy came back to the team I'm on (he stopped playing mid season last year). He insists on playing center,,,, doesn't back check at all & every time he touches the puck he goes head down & tries to stickhandle through the entire team. Always has open wingers, but never uses them.