View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 10:42 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
they have enough smallish, one dimensional offensive players (Rielly, Murphy, Hamilton to a lesser extent) - Reinhart should make the team. Tough to gauge since many of us (including myself) haven't seen enough of the other players play, especially this year.

Reinhart doesn't have the best stats but ever game I've seen he's been pretty spectacular. Seems like a man among boys.
I think you quoted the wrong person.

I do think that every "lock" McKenzie listed aside from Murphy deserve to make the team. Harrington was there last year and looked good, so I don't see how he wouldn't make it. Ouellet is an offensive guy but can be relied upon defensively as well, and he's a little older which Canada usually likes. Rielly's offensive game will be too valuable to pass up as well. Hamilton is a no-brainer.

That leaves one spot(should be two, but I digress). I don't see it going to an offensive defenseman, considering they already have two guys who are almost strictly offensive oriented in Rielly and Murphy. They have two guys who do a little bit of both in Hamilton and Ouellet. They only have one guy who is mainly a shut-down defenseman in Harrington. If they'd like to add another, Reinhart would be the no-brainer choice. Especially considering the only other defenseman with his type of size on the blue-line would be Hamilton, and considering he's arguably a better "defender" than any one of the previous mentioned players.

Not trying to sound like a homer, but it just makes too much sense.