Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 10:46 AM
ndgolden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I guess it's a natural reaction after both Gregoire and Kessel (also mid-late round picks) left school early and went the UFA route. There's that fear factor that just about any college prospect (in the Islanders' group) will realistically look at that option and as opposed to Gregoire and Kessel, who both had some decent to at times impressive NCAA numbers (and have had very modest pro debuts, less than modest in Kessel's case), there's that feeling that Lee can be a useful, perhaps even successful, NHLer in a top 9 capacity.

Next spring he'll be at that point where he too could go that route, so that fear abounds.

You're right about the character aspect... There'll be a huge sigh of relief if and when Lee is signed and it does seem like he's one of these young men who has that winner gene. I have little doubt that the Isles' staff recognizes those traits and heck, they did try and bring him in last offseason, so it's safe to say they want to add those traits to the program, perhaps ASAP.

Would love to see him in orange and blue sooner than later.

What do you think, will he go pro if ND takes the championship next spring?
I think it would take that very thing, a National Championship for him to consider. With the current ELC contract, money will certainly not be an issue or advantage from any team for Lee.

Regardless, of whether he finishes his four years at ND, and then turns pro, playing the UFA angle is jaded and shortsighted. At the very least, the Islanders will be able to move him if that is the case.

Lee is viewed as having a much greater upside in the "Pro" game then the college ranks where he seems to be doing just fine.

Go Irish!