View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Eller vs Galchenyuk at LW

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

It seems that management and the coaching staff see Eller as an option for a LW slot on the 2nd line in the Habs lineup. Probably more so for next year as opposed to this year (if there is even a season).

I think we can all agree that Eller is a better centre than a winger, but out of all him DD, and Plek, I think he can be the most effective one playing that position, because of his size, and he has been played there pretty often, with the Denmark's national team.

So it got me thinking, if Eller is moved to LW on the 2nd line, who plays C on the 3rd line? Even if Leblanc is ready, I think he is better off playing RW. The only thing I could think of would be Galchenyuk.

If that is what the team is thinking, do you think it would be better to have Eller play Centre on the 3rd line, and Gally start off on the 2nd line LW with Plek and Gionta, or have Eller play LW 2nd line, and Gally 3rd C?

Gally playing centre to start off his NHL would be tough, but I don't think he would have the pressure to produce offensive compared to playing on the 2nd line.

This will also Bourque to switch back to RW where he has had a lot of success playing, and gives one of Eller or Gally a guy that can score, and put Moen or Prust to help defensive on that line.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote