View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
HockeyTS32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Since when is a team with eight defensemen on one-way deals and three more with NHL experience "thin" through the org? I'll be the first to tell you that we're lacking in high end defensive prospects, but we're plenty deep with guys who can play in the NHL. In addition to the eleven with NHL experience already (ten once you remove Poti), we have Schilling and Wey who are both either "NHL ready" or will be by the seasons' end.

The reason we're not trading Carlson isn't because we're thin on defense. It's because he plays a very important role on the team, has tremendous chemistry with Alzner, has incredible upside, is signed to a deal that could be very club friendly, and has proven to be at his best during the playoffs.

I agree with this guy's statement. Plus they also have Tomas Kundratek that they could rely upon in the short run and possibly the long run if need be. I thought he played well in the few call ups that he had last season.

I also do agree with some other people above when they say that caps would be overpaying for Kesler. I would love for a guy like Kesler to be on the caps but def not at that price. Carlson is a big part of our defensive corp. He and Alzner are the future of the caps on Def (if they can sign both to a long term deal). And I'm hesitant on giving up Marcus Johansson as well especially for what the OP says is a "B" prospect, and Alberts. Alberts is getting up there in age. Plus Mojo has only played two season in the NHL and has done fairly well. I think in the long term, he could possibly be the 2C. If he never fills that role, he still has a spot on wing on either of the top 2 lines. All in all, I think the fact that Carlson is in this propsoal is a non-starter. Atleast it is for me, and I believe it would be for the caps as well.

HockeyTS32 is offline   Reply With Quote