View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
I agree with sabrefan27 on this one. I don't have a dog in the fight, I live between Rochester and Buffalo and certainly consider myself much more of a Sabres fan than Amerks fan. It really doesn't make a difference to me but it really doesn't make any sense why they would take the Friday game rather than the Saturday game. Beyond the fact that it's an odd weekend to take the game given the holidays, holiday pack ticket sales, etc....Friday night hockey in Rochester is kind of a staple and they tend to draw very well in those games. That game could've been in line for the biggest crowd of the season. You can say that the team is owned by Pegula and at the end of the day, he can make whatever decision he choses and appeal to whichever city he choses but this is a ROCHESTER team. The Rochester fan base should come before the Buffalo fan base, just as it would be absolutely absurd to consider the Rochester fan base over the Buffalo fan base for the Sabres. If you're going to move a game, that's fine and it's 100% expected, but they could've made a much, much better decision on which game to take.

Would there be complaining if they moved Saturday night's game? Of course. People complain about everything, if they didn't move any games people in Buffalo would be complaining. The point is that it, without further explanation, it makes no sense why they would take the Friday night game.