View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
KnightRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post

Another thing I noticed was Tierney's 2 goals. While they were quality goals, I dont know if they happen if we had that shutdown D we all know we need. If someone would have tied him up in front, those goals may not have happened. I think someone mentioned Sefton before?

Something else that is needed is more of a physical presence. While London had pretty looking tape to tape passing, it may have been less had the intensity been there with the body checking. Keeping their heads up so to speak and not have time for the great passes they were making in our end. If its not on our roster, bring it in (Schoenmakers??)
Statistics for the most part don't lie. I agree their are pieces of the puzzle that could be addressed, but first and foremost is scoring! The Rangers have given up the 2nd least amount of goals in the entire CHL. But, are also very close to the bottom in the entire CHL in scoring!!! Defense and goaltending are not the problem. If the Rangers had 30 or so more goals this season much like the top teams in the Ohl, they would be at or near the top of the standings. They desparately need a 2nd line that can put the puck in the net and take some of the pressure of their big 3 to win hockey games. The longer they wait to make a move the lower they will finish in the standings and the tougher the 1st round opponent!

Plymouth came 2 points from winning the West last year and would not have had to face Kitchener in the 2nd round had they beat London for first overall. I'm not suggesting London would not have won last year anyhow, but it could have been a lot tougher on them had they had to go through Kitchener in Round 2, then Plymouth in Round 3!!! Who knows!