View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Thought I would let you guys know I was at the Whalers game last night and Tom Wilson:WOW! His skating has improved so much since I saw him last year. He chipped in the first goal (also the GWG). He was hitting everything in sight but was also very smart about when to hit and back off as well as the angles taken. He was targeted for cheap shots all night and was constantly punched and hacked at after the whistle, but any time he got up everyone else ran away like scared dogs. Really hope he turns out for you guys. I will try and give updates when I can.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Chris Dilks' take from the following game is pretty similar:
Quote:
Tom Wilson(WAS pick)- Everyone who has watched him in the OHL the past two years already knows this, but he's just improved leaps and bounds from when he first came into the league. He's obviously one of the toughest players in the league, but what impressed me most was that he showed off some skating too, beating an(albeit terrible) defender wide a couple times to set up scoring opportunities, and made a sick pass for an assist in the third period. He was well worth the first round pick by Washington. I can't see him not making Canada's World Junior team either.
Also on Carrick:
Quote:
Connor Carrick(WAS pick)- He's a solid all-around player, but there's not a lot of pro upside there. He would have contributed at Michigan this year, but I'm not sure he would have had enough of an impact to really change their fortunes this year.
That would be a lot to ask of a freshman D outside of Trouba but seems fair enough. He needs to get stronger and more explosive to be more of an impact presence.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote