View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Perhaps reading between the lines here, but given the Jets are opposed to carrying on this lockout to a lengthy extent, does it appear obvious to anyone that the Jets organization view this fiasco as there is a deal to be made now given the context of what is currently being debated between Owners/Players? I think so.

For those who say (and I am not taking sides here, just using it as a point of discussion) "Keep on going as long as you need to [owners], TNSE will be better for it". Will they? maybe so, but if they're opposed to carrying on too much longer with this lockout, they must be content with where they believe a deal will fall given what the 2-sides are bickering over today, I would think, going by those quotes above.

I wonder how many owners feel this way? I would guess many. It seems ludicrous that Bettman only needs what? 8 owners to side with him in order to pass or decline something, when there is a 30 team/owner pool here.

If a majority of the owners feel the same way as this article is saying the Jets organization feels, surely at some point here they would demand a deal be made. But, can majority rule over guys like Jacobs and co.? You would think so, but who knows.
The reason a majority doesn't work with those owners is because they're the ones actually propping up the league with revenue. Money making owners hold more status than money losing owners (even though I question that). The Jets made money last year, but they are a new addition to the leagues revenue stream and aren't completely a proven asset. It's just how it is.