View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Yes, this is true. But I think he can make that adjustment with the Panthers. And also, Dale Tallen did say that there would be like 2 rookies coming in this season (2012/2013) and like 2 or 3 more next season and so forth. If in his mind those rookies didn't include Bjugstad I wonder who could it be . I guess he was thinking Bjugstad would be in Vancouver .
I'm not saying he cant make the adjustment though. Im just saying it would be better for us and him to make the pro adjustment in the minors. Its rare that a prospect goes straight to the NHL from NCAA minus a few exceptions (Toews, Statsny, Oshie). I'm thinking that Bjugstad will follow a similar path as David Backes (with a similar career upside) and he spent like half a yr in the AHL after leaving college after 3 yrs. I just dont know how that works with our current lineup if we had a season this yr.

As far as Tallon saying there would be 2 rookies, I dont believe that is true. I think he said rookies would be given a chance to compete in camp. But outside of Huberdeau, I dont think anyone was expected to make the club this yr (and only because Hubs couldnt play in the AHL and had nothing left to prove in juniors). Also, its entirely possible that one of the rookies he was thinking of was Howden and not necessarily Bjugstad. Howden was expected to compete for a bottom 6 role from what I remember during the offseason so I think that would be the other guy in the 1-2 Tallon was mentioning as having a chance at a roster spot. And remember that he traded for Wellman in the offseason so he wouldve been a rookie included to be given a chance at a roster spot.