Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: SKA named Jukka Jalonen as Headcoach
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
FlutteringSaucer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
If SKA gets eliminated in, say, the 1st round of play-offs, it's reasonable to expect their firing right then, isn't it?
It might be reasonable but I don't understand why the KHL teams make multi-year contracts with coaches. It's not like they would run to NHL because coaching jobs there are reserved to good old Canadian boys. And everyone knows that the GM's in KHL often change their coaching staff more often than their socks. But if they have the money to terminate the contract who am I to judge. All I know that many Finnish coaches have spent pleasant sabbaticals after being fired from KHL for king of weird reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
aren't they the coach and GM of NT Finland? what does that merit for their NT?
I think that Kurri going there is false information. At least the Finnish link in the OP states that Jalonen is the only one signed from the NT. Jalonen is anyways leaving the NT after next WC and the next coaching crew has already been announced. I don't think that this affects the national team that much as he would anyways spend most of his time watching KHL games because that's where most of our national team players are

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote