View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 500
I say keep with selecting best player available. Worst case scenario, you have too many quality wingers/dmen and need to trade some for a center. That's pretty much where the Blues are right now. We are trying to convert some wingers into Centers, if that doesn't work, Army will go out and get one. Backes and Berglund are not elite at 1C and 2C respectively, but they are both solid. 3Cs can be found either through the draft, free agency, or trade. I really don't think it's that big of a concern. If the Blues didn't have anyone to trade of any value, I'd be a little worried. However, the Blues have D'Agostini, Schwartz, Rattie, Sobotka, Jaskin, Steen or Stewart that could be moved without doing significant damage to the team now and in the future. Obviously some of those players are more valuable than others, which would bring us back a greater return. Might be able to use a package of those players, plus some picks or lesser prospects to get the LD that we need along with a center prospect/young NHL center. Army has a lot of options and there is no better GM in the league. I have faith he will fill the necessary positions. If Steen proves he is able to play center competently in the NHL, then the need for a center prospect goes down even more. That would be three fairly young, talented players down the middle. 4C is not really anything to be concerned about because they are easy to find.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote