View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
And the last key to being a good dman is you have to want to play defense. If you're heart is at playing forward you won't do the little stuff it takes to play good defense. In the end though it's rec league and you need to play where you want.
That's my problem. I know what to do, but I keep wanting to rush the puck up and score goals, especially when we're getting killed and not scoring at all and giving up 7+ goals a night.

I miss getting 5-10 shots on goal each night and getting at least a goal every other game. Four games without any goals and -10 or whatever and I feel useless.

I joke that I play wing like Phil Kessel, using speed and taking wrist shots on the rush but being kind of lazy on the backcheck...but I also play defense like Phil Kessel too

Oh I did enjoy playing D for our summer team who had some really good forwards. It's fun to hit a guy who nobody on the other team sees for the breakaway or to cycle the puck and get shots from the point. But at our level...it's more like dump the puck and start skating backwards to defend the 3-on-1...