View Single Post
Old
11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

vCash: 500
I really, really, really would like to see what was done, if for no other reason than my own personal knowledge. This organization has never given off that vibe to me so i'm a little surprised. That said, when you are able to recruit an inordinate number of US players; there is likely a reason for that. Portland is an excellent city, a historic franchise and a great market to play in. There are plenty of good markets in the WHL though so any kind of outlier like we've seen is likely to arouse suspicion.

I don't think this is fatal to Portland but they are going to have to dig themselves out in a few years. It appears to revolve around Johnson which is sad because he seemed to be such a nice individual. Rules are rules though and we lose the integrity of competition when they are broken. Just sad to see it happen in my own town. Especially when a once proud franchise had just been picked up and dusted off. Without Gallacher and company there would not likely be a WHL franchise in Portland.

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote